Max had surgery on Friday to get fixed. He had to be at the vet by 7am so it made for an early day off. We picked him up a little after 1pm. They said everything went well and he did fine. He looked so sad. He was still really druged up and his mouth was soaked with drool. Poor thing! We brought him home and he just laid around all day. The next day he was back to normal though, which was a good and bad thing. It made me feel better, but he is not suppose to be running or jumping around for 10 days and he won't sit still. The vet said to get a cone for him if he kept licking at it, but I refuse to put my dog in a cone because that would just look so sad. So instead I spent the weekend at home with the dog, while Daniel went out with his brother who just returned home from the navy for a couple weeks. Here is a picture of my poor baby on Friday afternoon after his surgery....

An update on Daniel after his surgery: at his last doctors apt. he found out he would be out at least another month. He has started phsyical therapy 3 days a week. He is no longer walking in a boot and things are looking better!
It seems like everyone in the house is having surgery. First daniel, then max, and in two weeks me. I am getting my wisdom teeth removed. I finally manned up and set an apt. to get it done. I have been putting it off for 2 years now, but since I am in pain I decided I better get it done now. So wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment