Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wedding Update!

Daniel has been on my case because I have not posted a blog in almost a month. I always get on others for not updating their blogs and now I have been slacking. Nothing much has been hapening. Lets see since Christmas we have celebrated my dads birthday, celebrated the Colts making the playoffs, and done a lot of wedding planning.

The wedding is one month away. Since the last time I updated the wedding stuff we have done a lot. We did our food tasting earlier this month. Got the menu all picked out. We had our second marriage counseling meeting. This time we worked on our family trees. We found out that our families are similiar in many ways. Stephen also pointed out that there is a theme of three kids in most of our family branches. We finally found the sweaters for the flower girls. So their outfits are all done. Now I just have to find bright pink boys shirts for my ushers. This one has been hard. So if anyone knows where to find fushia colored boys dress shirts let me know. I may have to settle with light pink. We met with our dj last week. Got most of the music for the main dances picked out. We have a few more to decide on. As everyone knows the invites were finally sent out. Me and my mom worked on those for about 5 hours one Sunday afternoon. Glad that is done! Hair appointments are made. We did a walk through at the church to find out how everything was going to work. All of the centerpieces are done. I believe my grandmother is done with all the flowers. We got our marriage license. Daniel also got his gun permit the same day. Kind of crazy! The bridal shower is this Saturday. I am excited to see all the ladies in the family. Daniel is mad that all his family is coming in town to our house and he won't be there to see them. The party should be fun. My sister has been planning the games and stuff. Its her first bridal shower so she was excited! Dan has been planning the rehersal dinner. We were waiting on our first time homebuyer tax credit to come in so we could book our honeymoon and have the cash to pay of the venues. Unfortunantly it will not be here in time. So yesterday we went and got a loan so we could get things rolling. We are meeting with the travel agent on Saturday morning to book our honeymoon. Still not sure where we are going. We have our passports so it will be out of the country somewhere. I just want warm weather and a beach! Then there are just a few more things to get done. These last few months have flown by. Not getting nervous yet, just trying to keep busy. Which is not hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love ya and see you Saturday.
Grandma Sandy