Wednesday, April 18, 2012

BABY BRYCE'S UPDATE :)

Sorry that it took so long to update the blog but things have been pretty busy,Baby Bryce is here :) He was born on March 7, 2012 at 10:38pm. He weighed 6 lbs 15 ozs. He was 19 inches long. with a head full of dark hair! My water broke that morning at 1:30am and we arrived to the hospital about 2:00am. When we checked in I was only 1cm and 30%. They got me all checked in and we called my mom who rushed to the hospital right away. They started the pitocin shortly after to help induce the labor. Needless to say that did not help. My grandma and sister had joined the crowd by this time. My dad was back and forth a few times during the day. By mid afternoon I was only progressed to a 3cm. They kept uping the dose of pitocin, but it was not helping. My contractions got pretty strong and with the help of the lady next door who was delivering all natural I went into a panic attack. My body tensed up and froze and I was put on oxygen. It was very scary, but after a sucker, oxygen, and some calming down I was back to normal. I was given my epidural right after to help ease everything. I was really scared about the epidural, but it was pretty easy! After that we just waited and tried to sleep but that was not hapening. Actually nothing was happening. Around 8 oclock the doctor came in and broke the news that I was not progressing (at this point I was only a 5cm) so she said that I would have to have a c-section. The nice nurses had already prepared me for idea that this might happen and helped answer any questions I had. (thanks Amelia) She did and ultrasound and Bryce was head down, but slightly looking upward. She estimated he was about 9 lbs and that was thre reason he wasnt gonna fit. So after 19 hours of labor, at around 10pm they wheeled me back to start the surgery. I made it through the surgery, but right after was in pain so they knocked me out for a few minutes. (I had no idea this happened until I was getting made fun of in the post op room) He was born at 10:38pm, and his family finally got to see him after waiting almost 24 hours. Thanks to everyone who stuck out the long wait and helped welcome our new bundle of joy! It was a very long, exhausting day!

Having surgery I was very limited to movements and was not able to get out of bed for a while. Therefore Daniel learned quickly how to change diapers and really helped me alot taking care of Bryce. After a while I started to feel a little better. We had lots of visitors the next few days. Thanks to everyone that came to visit us, made the 4 days in the hospital go a little quicker. We were realeased on Saturday and brought Bryce home for the first time. Max was so excited to meet his new baby brother :) They get along great. Max is so protective and watches over him all the time. He even tries to play ball with him! He does get a little jealous, but he is slowly getting over that.

Bryce had his first visit to the pediatrician (dr. asdell) He checked out perfect! Since I am breastfeeding (which is going great) I was worried at first that he was not eating enough. When we left the hospital he was down to 6 lbs 6 ozs a few days later he was back to up 6 lbs 10 ozs. He even grew a little. My first check up went well too! Insission was healing fine, but my swelling was still pretty bad (it has gone down since then).

Today Bryce is 6 weeks old and it is my first day back to work! At his 1 month apt he weighed in at 9 lbs 12 ozs and was 21 inches long. He is growing fast! My last check up went fine, and I was realeased to go back to normal life! The idea of coming back to work was stressing me out. My mother is watching Bryce at my house so I can see him on my lunch when I go home. We are buying her a car in order for her to get to my house daily. That search is not going to well, so at this point she is driving my car. Hoping to get her one soon! Leaving this morning was not as bad as I thought it would be. I think its because its my mom watching him and not a stranger and I know he is in good hands. He was also very happy when I left so I wasnt leaving a crying baby! I go home everyday at lunch, so I got to spend some more time with him and Max! Besides being a little tired, today has gone good! Guess its time to get back into the swing of things! Well until next time.......

No comments: