Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Vacation in Indy!

Daniel had one last vacation to use before the end of the year and my lovely boss let me take another week off as well. (I was hesitant to ask since he gave me 4 weeks paid for maternity leave) Daniels vacation started on Friday August 24th and lasted until September 4th. He took an optional holiday on the frist Friday and also got labor day off. It worked out he got 11 days and I got 10. We were going to go to Gatlinberg, TN, but decided to stay home instead. We did not actually stay in our house the whole time we did alot around Indy. It was actually a very enjoyable vaction, no beach, but we loved getting all the family time in!

Day 1: After I got off work on Friday some dear friends of our came to visit. Patty and the kids and Greg even stopped by. They wanted to see Bryce and us I guess. Bryce was napping when they got there and had no intentions of waking up until Daniel went and shook his playpen. He woke up grouchy of course cause he did not get to nap, but eventually settled down and everyone got to hold him and play with him.


Day 2: On Saturday Daniel was suppose to have a fantasy football draft party but that got postponed. Saturday night we headed over to Daniels dads to enjoy the Beech Grove fireworks, which had also been postponed due to the fireban in July. It was fun to spend time with friends and family. Bryce was not a fan of the pool that day, might have been a little chilly for him. He did enjoy the fireworks show, although he was so tired he fell asleep half way through it. The grand finale didnt even wake him up.


Day 3: Sunday of course is sports day. Daniel had 2 softball games during the day and basketball that night.

Day 4: Monday we attempted to go to the War Memorial Museum, but Daniel does not know how to read hours and they were not open. So we walked in the rain for nothing! So instead we went and walked around Circle Center Mall. I got some new sunglasses and Daniel got new riding gloves from Oakley!

Day 5: Tuesday we went and walked around the Canal and had Orange Leaf with Erica and Kendall. Max even got to go walk around. It wore him out :) Bryce and Kendall had fun enjoying the lovely weather outside!


Day 6: Wednesday we went to the zoo. Last time we went to the zoo Bryce was only 1 month old and as much as he loves Max and dogs I knew he would enjoy the animals a little more now. I was right he loved looking at all the animals. Since we went during the day all the animals were out and playing and not hiding. Daniel got to see his favorite, the cheetah up close. The lion was right up at the glass too, It had its eye on Bryce :) Bryce even got to feed the Giraffe. We watched the dolphin show, but Bryce didnt really pay attention until he heard a splash. We had a good time!



Later that night we had dinner at Hooters (all you can eat wings) with Andy, Erica, and Kendall. It was good spending time with them as we dont get to that often!

Day 7: Thursday we headed back to the War Memorial Museum. This time it was open and it was not raining! It was neat to walk through history. They even had current war information in there from 9/11 and Iraq. Daniel wanted to see if they still had his grandpa's name on the board listed as missing in action, when he is in fact living in Connersville. They no longer had the board up, but we did find his name in the system. Proud to know grandpa was a war vet with 2 bronze stars!


Day 8: Friday night was the Rascall Flatts concert. Thanks to my mother and sister for again watching Bryce for us. It was our concert foursome that went: me, daniel, seth, and bethany. We all had a good time at the concert. Rascall is my favorite band. All the peformers that night did a good job! There were Edens Edge, Eli Young Band, Little Big Town, and Rascall Flatts! Daniel got to hear his song Pontoon! The ride home was a different story. I have Seth telling me to jump curbs, Daniel telling me I dont know how to drive and that he could drive better drunk. Daniel and Seth both yelling they want Taco Bell. All I wanted to do was get home take care of my baby business and get to sleep because I knew I would be waking up soon for Bryce. Nobody else had that worry :) and of course 1 and a half after falling asleep Bryce was up to be fed. But those boys got their darn Taco Bell. It better have been the best Taco Bell of their lives.


Day 9: Saturday we had a pizza and game night at our house. Andy, Erica, Kendall, Seth, and Bethany all came over. We had some pizza and played Cranium. The girls kicked some but, even while tending to the children! Good luck next time boys :) Fun nights in with good friends are always the best!

Day 10: Sunday Daniels softball and basketball were cancelled due to the holiday weekend, but he still did something sports related. The fanasty football draft party took place at our house. I even made chocolate covered strawberrys that looked like footballs for the guys. Everyone seemed to have a good time. May the best man win!

After the party we went and did some shopping at Target, I had to get a toy box for all Bryce's toys downstairs. Also looked into a shelf for the garage, so I can finally get that place oraganized.

Day 11: Our final day of vacation we went to Edinburg Outlets to shop around. Daniel got some things from the UnderArmour store and a new pair of sunglasses from Oakley. The pair he has been wanting for a long time now! It was meant to be :) Bryce got some new clothes. And I of course couldnt leave without a Coach purse. First time I had purchased a purse from the outlet, and I will have to say I will deffintely be going back. 80% off you cant beat that! After 4 long hours of shopping we headed home. We have decided we need to go to the outlets more often!

No comments: