Sorry I have not posted in a while. We were in the process of moving and we still do not have internet at home and I have been super busy at work and with the move so had not had time to post all the exciting news. Well on Friday the 4th we closed on the house. It only took about 45 min. There were less papers to sign then than when we did the application process. Our lovely realtor and mtg officer brought us gifts. We got flowers, wine, and dinner giftcards. It was nice of them, but we rode the bike so Ryan had to drop them off at the house later. When he was there Max tried to bite him and ran him out the door. There is something about new males in the house that Max does not like. We will have to try and get that fixed so he does not attack anyone. Anyway it was really exciting getting handed the keys to our home. That night I went over to clean up a little. Daniel went out to ride his bike.
Then first thing Saturday morning we picked up the Budget truck and started packing. We started around 8:30 or so and was finished loading by like 10:30 or so. It did not take much time. It was me, daniel, my mom, my dad, my little brother, and daniel dad helping move. We had a 24ft truck and Seth told us we would not use it all, but we did and then some. We had the Budget truck full, Dan's truck full, my dads truck full, and my truck full of stuff. You never know how much stuff you have until you have to move it. Then we got the stuff hauled down the road and it was time to unload. My brother was not much help, just in the way and annoying. I was so tired by that point I was moving slowly. I went and got everyone lunch and we took a break and was back to it. The DirecTV guy came around 1pm. He got the tvs all hooked up. Then Tandy, Darnell, and the kids came to see the new place. After everything was unloaded everyone left. Including Daniel. He decided to leave me to there to unpack by myself while he went golfing. So nice of him! Sometimes he can be so rude! Well I had it all unpacked and put away by that night. I wish I could have slept in the next morning, but had to get up bright and early to take the truck back and could not go back to sleep when I got home.
Sunday I did some organizing and then we went to my moms for a cookout. After that we went to lowes to get a few things for the house. Monday we went back to the condo so Daniel and his dad could pick up the basketball goal and take it to my sisters. I cleaned up a little there and walked down the street to talk to my old nieghbors. It was sad leaving since everyone on the street was just becoming friends. I will miss them, but they can come over and visit we are not to far. I am sure I will meet new nieghbors at our new house. It is alot bigger of a neighborhood, so more people to talk to. Max got to see his girlfriend. Donna said she has been having withdrawls from Max. Max seems to be adjusting pretty well. He loves running up and down the stairs, but wont go potty outback. I still have to walk him. We need to get some trees or something out there for him.
We are pretty well settled in now and I love it. The rooms are so much bigger! There are some things we want to change, but we have all the time we need. Thanks to all of you that helped us move. Come visit us at our new house anytime!
No comments:
Post a Comment