Tuesday, July 19, 2011
St. Louis/National Dream Girls Pageant
Well as everyone knows by now my niece was crowned Indiana Supreme Beauty at the Dream Girls USA Indiana Pageant. She had to attend Nationals in St. Louis from July 13-17. So me, my sister, my niece, and my mother headed to St. Louis on Wednesday. The trip down was fine, one stop and we were there! Thursday started the pageant events. Opening ceremonys, spokesmodel, and then causal wear. Then we were done for the day. Friday was formalwear in the morning, then Saturday was fashionwear in the morning. Sunday we just had crowning then could come home. I am not sure how her spokesmodel event went as she was in a room alone with judges, her casualwear went ok, she did great in the formalwear, and rocked the stage in fashionwear. Unfortuneatly she did not win any crowns. There was tough competition and she was up against 64 girls in her age division alone. There were over 400 girls total in the pageant.She had fun and that is all that matters! In our down time we explored downtown St. Louis. We walked around downtown. Went to the city garden, where there were art sculptures and water fountains to play in. Ashlynn was having fun in the water sprouts. We went to the arch. And rode 630 ft to the top of it in a tiny railcar. It was neat to see the view of the city from 630 ft above. Also in the arch were muesems that we walked around. The arch was an "experience"! We walked around the stadium which was only a block from our hotel. Saturday we went to the St. Louis Zoo. It was pretty neat. Saw a few animals we dont have back at home. The cool thing is the zoo is free to get in. It was like 100 degrees outside that day so being out in the heat was misrable, but we made it work and managed to see everything. We finally found a McDonalds on our last night there, but it was not in a good area. We were actually to scared to eat there and had to bring it back to our hotel. That was a start of a horrible night. Staying in a room with your mother and sister and a 6 year old brat can get stressfull,and at times everyone had their moments but for some reason that night my sister went balistic. Not sure what set it off but she just started yelling and calling me a selfish bi**h. I ingnored her at first as she screamed and stormed out of the room. Then she came back still running at the mouth so I went back off on her. Still not sure how I can be termed a selfish bi**h, when without me she or her daughter would not be at the pageant. I paid to book the hotel room, I drove there and back and paid for gas, I paid for all thier food and activiites while we were there. She did not have a penny to her name when we got there, just expected my mother and I to pay for everything. I did not mind doing it, but not once did I get a Thank You from her. She just expects everything to be givin to her. Then my mother and I got yelled at for punishing her daughter when she acted out. I am sorry we did not let Ashlynn get away with whatever she wanted. Its called discipline. Evidenlty Daniel and I are Mr and Mrs Perfect and we have to have the best of everything, get whatever we want, and apparently are rich :) I wish that was true. Let me just say that Daniel and I work hard for what we have and we are by no means perfect. I am very proud of the type people Daniel and I have become. I have done everthing I can to help my sister and her family out and for her to still call me a selfish bi**h hurts. I am sure this dispute between my sister and I will come to an end, but I am done helping with no apreciation for anything I have done. I would also like to note that I have officially retired as a pageant cordniator. I wish Ashlynn good luck if she continues the pageant path, but I will no longer be apart of that journey. Well until next time....... keep your head up and stay positive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment